Search This Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2008

What is "My Tech Evolution?"

Welcome to My Tech Evolution!
You are reading this because you wanted to know what this blog is about.
The short answer is: I wanted a place to share my discoveries and things I've learned in the realm of internet, communications, software, and consumer electronics technology....and to have you (the reader) share your similar interests here.
In this space, you're going to read about software and gadgets, web sites and services, and maybe a helpful hint or two.
The focus of My Tech Evolution is the average/novice user who uses computers, cellphones, software, internet, etc...but wants to foster a better understanding of the hardware, software, and communications networks we all take for granted. I'm certainly not a hardcore "tech geek," and you're probably not either, but we are interested (sometimes rabidly) in learning more...so let's do it together.

Just in case the arrangement of the page is not self-explanatory, I'd like to share a few tips for navigating it.
I assume you already understand the purpose of the tabs at the top of the page, since you most likely clicked the About tab to arrive at this post, but maybe you don't, so here's the rest:

The Home tab is to navigate back to the My Tech Evolution main page.
The RSS tab takes you to a page that will let you subscribe to the Post Feed for My Tech Evolution.
The Profile tab lands you on my Blogger Profile page, where you'll find basic info about me, and any other blogs I might be running (currently, there are no others).
I may add other tabs in the future to make navigation of My Tech Evolution quicker and easier.

Take some time to explore the sidebars on the right side of the page:

I positioned the tags list to be very visible just to the right of the posts, so you can see a list of topics found here on My Tech Evolution. Click on one that interests you, and you'll be taken to a page listing all the posts with that particular tag.
To the right of the tags list, you'll see the recent posts list. This is to let you see titles of recent posts that are further down the page, or on subsequent pages.
I've discovered that these two modules invites readers into the blog without necessarily scrolling through page after page of posts.

I've also included a useful search bar, always located just above the most recent post. This lets you search my blog posts and sites I've linked to in the posts for keywords.

There are many other goodies in the sidebars. Some will remain, some will change, but all of them are there to be explored.

One last thing...for My Tech Evolution to be useful for you and me, make sure to leave comments. I'm very easygoing about reader comments. The only ways to get a comment deleted are being hateful/spiteful/otherwise derogatory, repeatedly spamming, and being antagonistic.

2 comments:

Tech Johnson 9/16/09, 10:43 PM  

Hey man. I like your blog and I will be checking back more often. I like what you have done with yours. Thanks again for the tips!

Regards,
TechJohnson
http://techjohnson.com

Jon Sheline 9/17/09, 8:35 AM  

Tech Johnson: Thanks a lot!

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but excessive haters will be exterminated...Consider yourself informed.

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP