Search This Blog

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Google Chrome Doesn't Replace My Mozilla Firefox; We'll Call it a Tie

Last year, I all but ditched Windows Internet Explorer for Mozilla Firefox (and the recent release of IE 8 has not made me reconsider). Being very happy with Firefox, I restrained myself from really investigating Google Chrome, though I kept informed on prevailing opinions in the tech community since before the Chrome Beta was released last autumn.


A few weeks ago, I decided the time was ripe to give Google Chrome a shot. I'm glad I did, because after putting it through my paces, I'm very impressed.

One of the most obvious (and now, recognizable) features of Chrome is the user interface. Clean and minimalistic icons, tabs, and integrated search/address bar make it very friendly to use. And this is coming from a guy who appreciates a bit of decoration, color, and lots of customization options. Speed and stability are two other areas where Google Chrome shines, which isn't surprising, since it's based on parts of Apple's Webkit (ask any Mac Geek what makes the Safari browser so awesome).

I won't give any more than this, so you'll just have to try Chrome for yourself. Download and installation is a breeze, and with a short learning curve, you'll be up and running pretty swiftly.
And no, I will not be ditching Mozilla's Firefox. I've already learned to work with both of them, usually in tandem.

2 comments:

Kim Randall 9/13/09, 9:16 PM  

You know I gave Chrome a shot, but really didn't care for it. I love firefox... I guess its stuck with me LOL

Jon Sheline 9/14/09, 2:50 AM  

@Kim Randall...I love my Firefox too, but CHrome definitely has 2nd place for me, followed by Safari for Windows. I hardly ever use IE 8 for anything...

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but excessive haters will be exterminated...Consider yourself informed.

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP