Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Update On Lustworthy Smartphones

Yeah, I'm drooling; and it's good that I am too poor right now to actively pursue any of these PDA/Smartphone devices...it gives me time to keep a cool head and make an informed, practical decision later.

Before I get to the latest suddenly-announced HTC touchscreen Smartphone, let me update the two that I discussed in a previous entry. First, there's now confirmation on the HTC Touch Pro for U.S. Carriers. It's going to be released next month by Sprint, (see Sprint-branded photo at left) and you can read about it at Gizmodo. It's also coming to AT&T as the HTC Touch Fuze, though no release date has been confirmed. Engadget has the latest info on that.


Also in my earlier post, I lusted after the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, which is certainly a more physically attractive option for the Windows Mobile side-sliding QWERTY-keyboard form factor. Releases will first hit Europe, Asia, and most other countries BESIDES the U.S. (no surprise there), starting on Sept. 30. Then there's the marketing for the Xperia X1, and it's already becoming viral. In addition to a webcast on Monday, Sept 15, Sony Ericsson will pitch this delicious gadget with a series of Fictional Adventure/Thriller Webisodes about a character named Johnny X. Gizmodo (again...hey, I love Giz) is where I spotted that juicy tidbit.
By the way, to give you an idea of those "Johnny X" webisodes, here's an exciting trailer from YouTube:





Now, for that latest "out of the blue" announcement. Seems HTC was able to keep this a secret for a while. They've come up with what appears to be the most relevant competitor to the iPhone to date. Its unofficial moniker is HTC Touch HD (check the "spy photo" to the left that I found...uhhh, somewhere), and it's pretty much all touchscreen (reported at 4"). Its physical dimensions are very similar to the iPhone, including a minimalistic physical button set. Since it's supposed to run Windows Mobile OS, this will make it a consideration for those who want an iPhone type device that has actual, practical productivity capabilities...not just workarounds. For more detailed info, Head over to Boy Genius Report. For me, the decision on this will be whether I want a physical keyboard or an onscreen one.

That's about it for now (like that's not enough). Of course, I'll keep you posted so you, too, can be infected with the "ME WANT" disease.

Coming Soon: I'm No Fanboy...I Just Use What Works, What The Heck is Mojave? and Should I Be Using YouMail?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but excessive haters will be exterminated...Consider yourself informed.

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP