Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Online Instant Messaging Client: Imo.im Startup Looks Good


Yes, I just talked about instant messaging clients a week ago with my post about Digsby, but I just got some info about another one, and it looks pretty promising. In fact, this looks so good I have to share it here before I've put it through the paces myself.
There's a web-based instant messaging startup called imo.im in its alpha testing stage (not a final release version) that's now available for anyone to use. Since it's an online service, there's nothing to download and install; no resource-hungry IM application sucking memory on your machine. Imo.im supports AIM, Google Talk, ICQ, Jabber, Windows Live IM (MSN Messenger), Yahoo, Skype, and MySpace IM. It integrates these popular messaging services with voice and video support too, not just texting capabilities. The latest additions to the feature set make imo.im comparable to other popular messaging clients; you can edit contact icons and display names, "star" your favorite contacts for quick reference, block/unblock contacts, move them between groups, find contacts online or off, and of course there's the option of signing in as invisible. I should also note that imo.im has multiple language support is available; including but not limited to Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Macedonian, French, and Turkish.
As I stated above, I have not yet given imo.im the benefit of my practical usage. I will be doing exactly that over the next few days, and I will report back with my results.
In the meantime, you should give it a try as well, come back and make comments to let me and the other readers know what you think. Head over to imo.im. When you get there, take advantage of the helpful links at the bottom of the page before diving right in...a little info goes a long way.

4 comments:

Unknown 4/10/15, 1:24 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown 5/19/15, 12:48 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown 6/16/15, 2:26 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown 8/9/15, 2:07 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

I do not moderate comments, but excessive haters will be exterminated...Consider yourself informed.

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP